Getting a list of files defined in a virtual directory

Craig Burkett

I have set up a virtual directory using IIS which points to a share on
another machine. I want to be able to acquire a list of folders and/or
files which exist in that share via the virtual directory (I can't just map
the file to a harddrive). Is there a way to do this? Maybe it would just
be easier to use a UNC name, but if I go this route how do I pass the
necessary credentials to establish a connection to the share without
mounting the share to a drive?

Thanks,
Craig

Bobby Ryzhy

I have set up a virtual directory using IIS which points to a share on
another machine. I want to be able to acquire a list of folders and/or
files which exist in that share via the virtual directory (I can't just map
the file to a harddrive). Is there a way to do this? Maybe it would just
be easier to use a UNC name, but if I go this route how do I pass the
necessary credentials to establish a connection to the share without
mounting the share to a drive?

Thanks,
Craig

Try this article and samples - http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/Browsing.asp