Getting a node in the "IE Web Control" TreeView to display a tooltip with mouse over

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Novice, May 25, 2004.

  1. Novice

    Novice Guest

    Hi all, I've actually written a fair amount of .NET code including the creation of my own web controls - however, I'm from an expert. I'm currently trying to determine how to set the tooltip for a node in a treeview webcontrol

    And by tooltip I mean the text that is displayed when you roll your mouse over a node

    I have found lots of websites out there that claim to have a solution, but I have yet to find one that meets my needs. The best one I've found this far is this one
    http://www.dnzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=2&NewsId=111&LinkFile=page2.ht

    However, the tooltip doesn't appear over the node you have your mouse over it just appears where ever the DIV with the ID dek is located

    I'm surprised that this isn't standard funtionality supported by TreeView and that it seems to require the user/developer to write their own javascript to create the pop-up message box (what I would call the tooltip or tool-tip)

    I would have thought that you could just do the following
    <mytree:treenode text="The name for this node" navigateurl="http://" HoverStyle="Color:Red" ChildType="Link" ToolTip="This Overview is specific to Developers for Access Control"

    But ToolTip is not an attribute of TreeNode

    Is there a standard way of getting a tooltip to appear over a node in a treeview

    Thanks
    Novic
    Novice, May 25, 2004

  2. Novice

    cld Guest

    In article <>, =?Utf-
    8?B?Tm92aWNl?= <6tc1ATqlinkDOTqueensuDOTca> says...
    > Hi all, I've actually written a fair amount of .NET code including the creation of my own web controls - however, I'm from an expert. I'm currently trying to determine how to set the tooltip for a node in a treeview webcontrol.
    >
    > And by tooltip I mean the text that is displayed when you roll your mouse over a node.
    >
    > I have found lots of websites out there that claim to have a solution, but I have yet to find one that meets my needs. The best one I've found this far is this one:
    > http://www.dnzone.com/showDetail.asp?TypeId=2&NewsId=111&LinkFile=page2.htm
    >
    > However, the tooltip doesn't appear over the node you have your mouse over it just appears where ever the DIV with the ID dek is located.
    >
    > I'm surprised that this isn't standard funtionality supported by TreeView and that it seems to require the user/developer to write their own javascript to create the pop-up message box (what I would call the tooltip or tool-tip).
    >
    > I would have thought that you could just do the following:
    > <mytree:treenode text="The name for this node" navigateurl="http://" HoverStyle="Color:Red" ChildType="Link" ToolTip="This Overview is specific to Developers for Access Control">
    >
    > But ToolTip is not an attribute of TreeNode.
    >
    > Is there a standard way of getting a tooltip to appear over a node in a treeview?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Novice

    I am .net novice, but I think that you can provide the 'title' attribute
    to get what you want.
    cld, Jun 5, 2004