Getting an error while accessing Web Services from a Windows Client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ramesh Ramachandran, Jan 15, 2004.

  1. I have deployed the same web services in two machines.
    I have used Microsoft Web services extensions.
    The web service has a method Search.
    When there is no return type defined for the method it works on both
    the machines.
    When a return type is defined for the method. It fails in one machine
    but works fine in the other machine.
    I am giving below the error message and stack trace.

    The error message:
    The XML declaration is unexpected. Line 11, position 191.

    The StackTrace of the exception:
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseTag()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at Microsoft.Web.Services.XmlSkipDTDReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
    at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader,
    Boolean preserveWhitespace)
    at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services.SoapEnvelope.Load(Stream stream)
    at Microsoft.Web.Services.InputStream.GetRawContent()
    at Microsoft.Web.Services.InputStream.get_Length()
    at System.Xml.XmlScanner..ctor(TextReader reader, XmlNameTable ntable)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String url, TextReader input,
    XmlNameTable nt)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(TextReader input)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttp
    ClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at TestHarness.User.User.Search():line 619

    Ramesh Ramachandran, Jan 15, 2004