Getting an html file from a online html document and converting itback to code.

Patrick Rutledge

Hi there,
I'm taking an object oriented programming class and my professor assigned an assignment in which the skeleton is given in an online html document.

We are using the BlueJ IDE.

I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lew

I'm taking an object oriented programming class and my professor assigned an assignment
in which the skeleton is given in an online html document.>

We are using the BlueJ IDE.

I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

Open your editor or IDE editor window.

Create an editor window for your code.

Open the assignment document in a browser.

Using your mouse or keyboard (shift+arrows), in the browser window
highlight the code you want to paste into your editor.

Press Control-C ("apple"-C on Macs), or use the context menu and select "Copy".
This will copy the text into your system clipboard.

Click into your editor window.

Press Control-V ("apple"-V on Macs), or use the context menu and select "Paste".

The code is now in your editor window.

Use your editor's "Save" feature.

Roedy Green

I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

you can look at the code in a browser, then copy paste it into your
IDE and save it in a *.java file.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Jim Gibson

Press Control-C ("apple"-C on Macs), or use the context menu and select
"Copy".
This will copy the text into your system clipboard.

Click into your editor window.

Press Control-V ("apple"-V on Macs), or use the context menu and select
"Paste".

It is now generally called the "Command" key (?, U+2318, clover-leaf,
or "splat" symbol) on Apple keyboards. No more Apple key.

John B. Matthews

Jim Gibson said:
It is now generally called the "Command" key (?, U+2318, clover-
leaf, or "splat" symbol) on Apple keyboards. No more Apple key.

In Java, the Toolkit method, getMenuShortcutKeyMask(), returns
Event.META_MASK on Mac OS X; it returns Event.CTRL_MASK on Windows
and Linux.

The Unicode code point U+2318 is named 'PLACE OF INTEREST SIGN':

<http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2318/index.htm>

More than a few locals call it "pretzel", as in "Try pretzel-
option-8 to zoom in," but I can see the appeal of "splat."

My old, full-travel, mechanical Apple keyboard has an apple and a
splat on each meta key.

Roedy Green

that looks like Javadoc. It is not code but detailed documentation on
how to use some class. You still need a jar or the *.java files
before your code can use those described methods.