    We are using the BlueJ IDE.

    I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Patrick Rutledge, Jan 31, 2013

  2. Patrick Rutledge

    Lew Guest

    Re: Getting an html file from a online html document and convertingit back to code.

    On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:27:48 PM UTC-8, Patrick Rutledge wrote:
    > I'm taking an object oriented programming class and my professor assigned an assignment
    > in which the skeleton is given in an online html document.>
    >
    > We are using the BlueJ IDE.
    >
    > I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

    Open your editor or IDE editor window.

    Create an editor window for your code.

    Open the assignment document in a browser.

    Using your mouse or keyboard (shift+arrows), in the browser window
    highlight the code you want to paste into your editor.

    Press Control-C ("apple"-C on Macs), or use the context menu and select "Copy".
    This will copy the text into your system clipboard.

    Click into your editor window.

    Press Control-V ("apple"-V on Macs), or use the context menu and select "Paste".

    The code is now in your editor window.

    Use your editor's "Save" feature.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 31, 2013

  3. Patrick Rutledge

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: Getting an html file from a online html document and converting it back to code.

    On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 18:27:48 -0800 (PST), Patrick Rutledge
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >I am not sure how to get the code from the html document online.

    you can look at the code in a browser, then copy paste it into your
    IDE and save it in a *.java file.
    time.
    ~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

    Roedy Green, Jan 31, 2013
  4. Patrick Rutledge, Jan 31, 2013
  5. Patrick Rutledge

    Jim Gibson Guest

    Re: Getting an html file from a online html document and converting it back to code.

    In article <>, Lew
    <> wrote:

    > Press Control-C ("apple"-C on Macs), or use the context menu and select
    > "Copy".
    > This will copy the text into your system clipboard.
    >
    > Click into your editor window.
    >
    > Press Control-V ("apple"-V on Macs), or use the context menu and select
    > "Paste".

    It is now generally called the "Command" key (?, U+2318, clover-leaf,
    or "splat" symbol) on Apple keyboards. No more Apple key.

    --
    Jim Gibson

    Jim Gibson, Jan 31, 2013
  6. Patrick Rutledge

    FredK Guest

    On Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:47:18 AM UTC-8, Patrick wrote:
    > The code supplied is not simply code, it is in the form of documentation(I think that is the right term). It appears in the form represented in the linked image. http://www.time-tripper.com/uipatterns/Patterns/Titled_Sections/javadoc.gif

    Your professor has given you the API; it is your task to write the code

    FredK, Jan 31, 2013
  7. Re: Getting an html file from a online html document and converting it back to code.

    In article <310120131051247563%>,
    Jim Gibson <> wrote:

    > In article <>, Lew
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Press Control-C ("apple"-C on Macs), or use the context menu
    > > and select "Copy". This will copy the text into your system
    > > clipboard.
    > >
    > > Click into your editor window.
    > >
    > > Press Control-V ("apple"-V on Macs), or use the context menu
    > > and select "Paste".

    > It is now generally called the "Command" key (?, U+2318, clover-
    > leaf, or "splat" symbol) on Apple keyboards. No more Apple key.

    In Java, the Toolkit method, getMenuShortcutKeyMask(), returns
    Event.META_MASK on Mac OS X; it returns Event.CTRL_MASK on Windows
    and Linux.

    The Unicode code point U+2318 is named 'PLACE OF INTEREST SIGN':

    <http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2318/index.htm>

    More than a few locals call it "pretzel", as in "Try pretzel-
    option-8 to zoom in," but I can see the appeal of "splat."

    My old, full-travel, mechanical Apple keyboard has an apple and a
    splat on each meta key.

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Jan 31, 2013
  8. Patrick Rutledge

    Roedy Green Guest

    Re: Getting an html file from a online html document and converting it back to code.

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:47:18 -0800 (PST), Patrick Rutledge
    someone who said :

    >http://www.time-tripper.com/uipatterns/Patterns/Titled_Sections/javadoc.gif

    that looks like Javadoc. It is not code but detailed documentation on
    how to use some class. You still need a jar or the *.java files
    before your code can use those described methods.

    Roedy Green, Jan 31, 2013