Getting (and setting) a style value from a element that use a class

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated Mon, 11 Apr
2005 08:48:13, seen in Michael Bierman
I quickly apologized for any unintended breach of netiquette in that
regard. As a side note, I don't see anything in the FAQ
(http://www.developersdex.com/asp/faq.asp) for this group that even
deals with anything in this posting.

The FAQ of this Usenet newsgroup, written by users of this Usenet
newsgroup, is posted in this Usenet newsgroup every week; the rightful
URL of its Web version appears quite often in article signatures.

I have as yet no idea (being an off-line reader) what that URL may
contain; but if it *is* the FAQ of this Usenet newsgroup, then it is
probably in breach of copyright, since the FAQ of this Usenet newsgroup
seems not to mention that location.

If you get yourself a proper standards-compliant newsreader rather than
relying on unauthorised Web interfaces, then you can expect better
results.

Unauthorised Web interfaces have been known to censor articles that they
don't like; if you don't see this, the rest of us will know why.

But, FYI, <FAQENTRY>
Keith Thompson wrote in comp.lang.c, message ID
<[email protected]> :-
the "Reply" link at the bottom of the article. Click on "show options"
at the top of the article, then click on the "Reply" at the bottom of
the article headers.

Another Michael Bierman article :
This conversation has gone some interesting places, but the original
question hasn't been answered. Anybody know how to achive the goal?

When that stage is reached, it is better to restate the problem; not the
original one, but the present one, derived from the original but
modified in the light of responses.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Michael said:
**You manifest disregard for the long established Usenet posting
conventions is an overriding indicator that you do not wish to be
helped, despite any protestations you may make to the contrary. **

Man, learn how to quote. This is not a bulletin board.
[...]
I quickly apologized for any unintended breach of netiquette in that
regard.

Newbie rule of thumb no. 1: Don't post lengthy apologies for wrong behavior
but just learn and make it better second time. Apologies only decrease the
S/N ratio of regulars.
As a side note, I don't see anything in the FAQ
(http://www.developersdex.com/asp/faq.asp) for this group that even
deals with anything in this posting.

I think your reaction is overly harsh or at least you haven't described
what you are upset about.

I think you don't have any clue where you are posting to.
Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
There seems to be some quarrel amongst others on this list [...]

This is not a mailing list, it is a public newsgroup. You are accessing
the global distributed Usenet via a flawed Web interface while reasonable
people use NetNews clients that conform to Internet standards instead.
[...] I don't understand [...]

This much is true.
I was just looking for the answer to a specific question for which I've
posted a specific example.

But this is not a paid support forum where you have a right to get what
you want.

PointedEars