getting bitty

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Hugh Lutley, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. Hugh Lutley

    Hugh Lutley Guest

    I'm writing a script that sends messages via the serial port at the
    moment. I'm really quite hopeless at Perl so I need a little help.

    Perl is great at handling strings but I'm having trouble finding
    accurate info on how to specify a 4 bit hex value. I've basically gotta
    send two 4bit chunks of data and a whole host of 8 bit chunks.

    Thanks for any enlightenment

    --
    /* Hugh Lutley aKa Spewy
    * This message was created on either

    Hugh Lutley, Dec 25, 2003

  2. Hugh Lutley

    Guest

    Hugh Lutley <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm writing a script that sends messages via the serial port at the
    > moment. I'm really quite hopeless at Perl so I need a little help.
    >
    > Perl is great at handling strings but I'm having trouble finding
    > accurate info on how to specify a 4 bit hex value. I've basically gotta
    > send two 4bit chunks of data and a whole host of 8 bit chunks.

    perldoc -f pack
    perldoc -f vec

    This newsgroup does not exist (see FAQ). Please do not start threads here.

    , Dec 28, 2003