getting bitty

Hugh Lutley

I'm writing a script that sends messages via the serial port at the
moment. I'm really quite hopeless at Perl so I need a little help.

Perl is great at handling strings but I'm having trouble finding
accurate info on how to specify a 4 bit hex value. I've basically gotta
send two 4bit chunks of data and a whole host of 8 bit chunks.

Thanks for any enlightenment

--
/* Hugh Lutley aKa Spewy
* This message was created on either

nobull

Hugh Lutley said:
I'm writing a script that sends messages via the serial port at the
moment. I'm really quite hopeless at Perl so I need a little help.

Perl is great at handling strings but I'm having trouble finding
accurate info on how to specify a 4 bit hex value. I've basically gotta
send two 4bit chunks of data and a whole host of 8 bit chunks.

perldoc -f pack
perldoc -f vec

This newsgroup does not exist (see FAQ). Please do not start threads here.