Getting Browser Details.

Prasad Dannani

Hi,

I want to know the browser settings like Image Enabled, Cookie Enabled
etc.,

For Cookies and Script Request object has some properties but after
disabling certain features also we are getting the same results.

Please help on the way of tracking the image disabled option ASAP.

With Regards,
Prasad Dannani.

S. Justin Gengo

Prasad,

The Response.Browser object will give you access to many of the properties
your looking for. However it only tells you if the web browser is capable of
using images, generating cookies, using javascript, etc. Even though the
browser is capable the user may have shut one of those options off. For
example the browser may say it can use cookies, but if the user has blocked
cookies then a cookie still won't be written to their computer.

The way to test is to first check if the browser supports cookies. Then, if
it does, attempt to write and then retrieve a cookie from the client. If the
cookie is retrieved you know cookies are supported and enabled. That is the
only sure way to tell. Same thing for Javascript (write to a hidden field).
I'm not positive how to check for images enabled or not...

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Bruce Barker

to know the browser settings you use a browser sniffer (google for info),
some client code that detects what is enabled (if it can) and reports. to
detect images, load one of a know size, then check actual dimensions.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)