    page.

    Give me a hint.
    Marc Wentink
    Marc, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Not sure how to trick it, but I am sure it is blogged somewhere.

    Did you not add the add/remove bits to your page when you set it up or are
    you merely relying on close to remove?

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP: MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Blog:

    | Think Outside the Box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Nov 13, 2008

  3. Marc

    Marc Guest

    "Gregory A. Beamer" <> schreef in

    > Did you not add the add/remove bits to your page when you set it up or are
    > you merely relying on close to remove?

    Well, I've worked to some example in the book. And at the middle of the
    example there is explained how to use a catalog, and I can place them back.
    So I got through the example alright.

    I'd like to know in what exact cookies (o.s.l.t.) is written that I have
    closed something? It's not very important, since I have understood the main
    parts of Web Parts now, but I do not understand this one thing. I have the
    control written in the Default.aspx text. I close it, it's gone. Now that
    must be set in some cookie or some state somewhere? So, even if I do not
    have a 'add/remove bits', I thought I could close the control, and get it
    back by restarting or clearing cookies and restarting. I tried that, cleared
    all kinds of stuff in IE and FireFox, but could not get it working again!

    But, I copied all code to 'Default2.aspx', an then there were the statictly
    written controls in the webparts again. And I could finish the exercise.

    But thanks for all the help.
    :)

    Marc Wentink
    Marc, Nov 14, 2008