Getting Closed Web Parts Back

Marc

I am trying something out with WebParts. Now after I have closed WebParts in
a try-out page I made, I cannot get the closed parts 'back'. I have cleared
cookies, internet files, restarted, rebooted. All in vain. How can I get
them back?

I am working on a the moment by copying everything to a 'Default2.aspx'
page.

Give me a hint.
Marc Wentink

Gregory A. Beamer

Not sure how to trick it, but I am sure it is blogged somewhere.

Did you not add the add/remove bits to your page when you set it up or are
you merely relying on close to remove?

Marc

Gregory A. Beamer said:
Did you not add the add/remove bits to your page when you set it up or are
you merely relying on close to remove?

Well, I've worked to some example in the book. And at the middle of the
example there is explained how to use a catalog, and I can place them back.
So I got through the example alright.

I'd like to know in what exact cookies (o.s.l.t.) is written that I have
closed something? It's not very important, since I have understood the main
parts of Web Parts now, but I do not understand this one thing. I have the
control written in the Default.aspx text. I close it, it's gone. Now that
must be set in some cookie or some state somewhere? So, even if I do not
have a 'add/remove bits', I thought I could close the control, and get it
back by restarting or clearing cookies and restarting. I tried that, cleared
all kinds of stuff in IE and FireFox, but could not get it working again!

But, I copied all code to 'Default2.aspx', an then there were the statictly
written controls in the webparts again. And I could finish the exercise.

But thanks for all the help.
:)

Marc Wentink