Getting content of an IFrame

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sody, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. Sody

    Sody Guest

    Hi, is there some posibility how to get content of an IFrame ? I know
    how to do it with JavaScript but I'm dealing with this functionality:

    1. User opens from my webapp modalpopup (with AJAX modalPopup)
    2. In the content of modalpopup is an IFrame
    3. In this IFrame will be another webapp started
    4. User creates his configuration in this IFrame with that webapp and
    clicks on Button EXPORT RESULTS
    5. Now that IFrame shows new page with result like:

    session_id: 123
    vehicle_id:81008220060515
    vehicle_name:Volvo S40 T5 AWD Summum 4 trg. Limousine '07
    vehicle_total_price:€ 36.250
    vehicle_price_of_options:
    vehicle_manufacturer_code:
    option_count:0

    6. then he clicks on OK Button in ModalPopup (code behind function
    OnOK() will be fired)...and at this point, I would like to get that
    exported result and save it into DB.

    How can I deal with this problem ?

    Please help.
    Sody, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Sody

    bruce barker Guest

    cross site scripting will also prevent javascript from accessing it
    also. you need to write a proxy page (see webclient) on your site that
    call the secondary site and passes the html to the iframe. then your
    server will see all traffic.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 7, 2006

  3. Sody

    Sody Guest

    bruce barker wrote:
    > cross site scripting will also prevent javascript from accessing it
    > also. you need to write a proxy page (see webclient) on your site that
    > call the secondary site and passes the html to the iframe. then your
    > server will see all traffic.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > Sody wrote:
    >> Hi, is there some posibility how to get content of an IFrame ? I know
    >> how to do it with JavaScript but I'm dealing with this functionality:
    >>
    >> 1. User opens from my webapp modalpopup (with AJAX modalPopup)
    >> 2. In the content of modalpopup is an IFrame
    >> 3. In this IFrame will be another webapp started
    >> 4. User creates his configuration in this IFrame with that webapp and
    >> clicks on Button EXPORT RESULTS
    >> 5. Now that IFrame shows new page with result like:
    >>
    >> session_id: 123
    >> vehicle_id:81008220060515
    >> vehicle_name:Volvo S40 T5 AWD Summum 4 trg. Limousine '07
    >> vehicle_total_price:€ 36.250
    >> vehicle_price_of_options:
    >> vehicle_manufacturer_code:
    >> option_count:0
    >>
    >> 6. then he clicks on OK Button in ModalPopup (code behind function
    >> OnOK() will be fired)...and at this point, I would like to get that
    >> exported result and save it into DB.
    >>
    >> How can I deal with this problem ?
    >>
    >> Please help.

    Thak you for your help....but could you give me more info how to create
    that WebClient please ? Some link or example will be OK.
    Sody, Dec 7, 2006