Getting Control ID of buttons in Buttoncolumn in a Datagrid

DotNetJunkies User

Hi ,
I hav a buttoncolumn(pushBackButton) in my datagrid. And on click of every button i want to call different methods(server side).

Kindly help me out..!!!!!!!!
Thnx,
Rameshwar,Govindu.

EijiTek

Based on what you've described, you don't really need to worry about the ID
of the button. You want to set the CommandName and CommandArgument (if
needed) properties of the button. In your event handler for the ItemCommand
event, test the value of the CommandName property and call the appropriate
method based on the result.

[C#]
protected void TestGrid_OnItemCommand(Object sender,
DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
switch(e.CommandName)
{
case "Command1":
Method1():
break;
case "Command2":
Method2();
break;
default:
Response.Write("Nothing Defined!");
break;
}
}

DotNetJunkies User said:
Hi ,
I hav a buttoncolumn(pushBackButton) in my datagrid. And on
click of every button i want to call different methods(server side).
Kindly help me out..!!!!!!!!
Thnx,
Rameshwar,Govindu.
engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Try branching inside the routine called from the button click rather than
attempting to call different routines. In other words, you know the
reasoning behind the different events being called (first click, second
click, or similar), so you can branch based on that. For example (C#):

//At top of page (declarations)
protected int clickNumber = 0;

private void Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
{
'Set click number higher for this click
'NOTE: can do this after, if you want 0 to be your start
clickNumber += 1;

switch(clickNumber)
{
case 1: