Getting correct file name to download with Mac IE

laredotornado

Hello, I'm using a Mac OS X, IE 5.2 browser to visit the pagee

http://mydomain.com/temp/

in which there is an index.jsp page that contains the following codee

<%
response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
response.sendRedirect("http://mydomain.com/dir1/abcd.xls");
%>

Unfortunately, whenever I visit "http://mydomain.com/temp" the file
that downloads is named "temp" instead of "abcd.xls," which is what I
would prefer. I can rename the file and open it normally in Excel, but
the file naming thing is annoying.

Is there any way I can write some Java to make the file download with
the proper name? There are probably preferences I can set on my
browser, but I can't do that for everyone.
Thanks for the advice, - Dave

Steve W. Jackson

:Hello, I'm using a Mac OS X, IE 5.2 browser to visit the pagee
:
:http://mydomain.com/temp/
:
:in which there is an index.jsp page that contains the following codee
:
:<%
:response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
:response.sendRedirect("http://mydomain.com/dir1/abcd.xls");
:%>
:
:Unfortunately, whenever I visit "http://mydomain.com/temp" the file
:that downloads is named "temp" instead of "abcd.xls," which is what I
:would prefer. I can rename the file and open it normally in Excel, but
:the file naming thing is annoying.
:
:Is there any way I can write some Java to make the file download with
:the proper name? There are probably preferences I can set on my
:browser, but I can't do that for everyone.
:Thanks for the advice, - Dave

You might consider the fact that MSIE on the Mac is dead. M$ stopped
all development on it and it's no longer being maintained. Instead, try
with Safari and other browsers and see whether the issue still exists.

= Steve =

laredotornado

Oh, this is not a problem on other Mac browsers. I was just curious if
there was anything simple I could do for IE specifically. But if
there's no answer, there's no answer.

Thanks, - Dave