getting CPU usage in windows 2000

harish

Hi Friends,
I am working on a project for which I need a module in
C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
not there.
I am aware of many utilities and routines that are available
in Unix, but I am specifically looking for something in Windows. Any
help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Harish

Kevin Goodsell

harish said:
Hi Friends,
I am working on a project for which I need a module in
C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
not there.
I am aware of many utilities and routines that are available
in Unix, but I am specifically looking for something in Windows. Any
help in this matter would be really appreciated.

Windows-specific questions are off-topic here. Try a Windows programming
group. This group discusses the C language as defined by the
international C standard. There is no way in standard C to do what you want.

-Kevin

Mark McIntyre

Hi Friends,
I am working on a project for which I need a module in
C for Windows 2000 which would be able to return the exact load on the
cpu at any given time. In windows 98 i can get the cpu load from
registry key HKEY_DYN_DATA but in windows 2000, this registry key is
not there.

This is offtopic here. I'm sure that one of the countless
windows/win32 programming groups can tell you, and probably they'll
menmion the performance monitoring API. As will the online help, if
you bother to search if.