Getting current screen resolution

Thomas Morton

This is a "thing" that has been annoying me all morning: and I can't
work out how to do it.

I need a way to get the DPI or screen resolution of the monitor that a
script is currently runnign on.

I have a way in Windows but it doesnt port to Unix (which is important).

Any ideas?

--
Thomas Morton

Lead Developer || Founder
TomNRob Web Services
www.tomnrob.com

Miki

Hello,
This is a "thing" that has been annoying me all morning: and I can't
work out how to do it.

I need a way to get the DPI or screen resolution of the monitor that a
script is currently runnign on.

I have a way in Windows but it doesnt port to Unix (which is important).

Any ideas?
Maybe one of Tkinter.Tk winfo_* methods?

HTH,

Thomas Morton

Yeh that's not such an issue - this is for some basic image analysis for a
document / report. It's not HUGELY important data (it can be wrong with no
real come back) but it has to be roughly accurate...

The idea is I have an image and I need to work out how big it displays on
the monitor of the computer running the script :)

Thanks for the replies so far ppl :) I think I might have it.......

Tom