    Is there a built in ASP function for getting the day of the week?
    Ultimately I'm trying to come up with the output:

    Thursday, September 23, 2004.

    James, Sep 23, 2004

  2. There are no such functions in ASP, since ASP is not a language. Are you
    using VBScript? Have you looked at VBScript's DATEPART() and DATENAME()
    functions?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Sep 23, 2004

  3. There are no such functions in ASP, since ASP is not a language. Are you

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Sep 23, 2004
  4. James

    James Guest

    Yup, sure am using VBScript. Sorry for asking for a function in ASP...what
    a fool I've made of myself. Anyway, I've been able to create a solution
    using DatePart, but it seems far longer than it needs to be. Never heard of
    the DateName() function in VBScript, only in SQL...but I'll look into that.

    James, Sep 23, 2004
  5. Sorry, my bad. Look at the WeekdayName() and Weekday() functions.

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Sep 23, 2004