Getting default value of an attribute from the DTD file

Alexander

Please, excuse me if the question is a basic one but I have not found
any hint neither on XML4C samples, nor on Apache site. I'm using
XML4C. I'm parsing an xml file and I'm getting to an attribute which
is not explicitly specified in the xml file. The parser brings me its
default value specified in DTD (if any) as the attribute's value.

The question is: How do I get the default value if the attribute
explicitly appears in the xml file with some value?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Alexander