    that I'm missing?

    Thanks!
    Matt

    Matthew Pounsett, Jul 15, 2010

  2. Matthew Pounsett

    yermej Guest

    On Jul 15, 12:20 pm, Matthew Pounsett <> wrote:
    > I've been digging around trying to find some documentation on using openssl in ruby, and having a terrible time of it.  The openssl sections of the standard library docs at ruby-doc.org are empty, I don't see anything related to openssl docs installed with ruby on my system, and even the programming ruby book I've got has only a couple of small examples that only coverthe client side of the connection.  Google hasn't been very useful in finding other documentation sources .. all I'm coming up with is past posts from people trying to solve specific problems with openssl, not documentation.
    >
    > Is there some proper documentation for the openssl libraries somewhere that I'm missing?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >    Matt

    As far as I've been able to tell, Ruby's openssl is just a very basic
    wrapper. Most docs/examples for openssl in general can be used as a
    basis for doing the same thing in Ruby. Unfortunately, openssl doesn't
    have the greatest docs either so a lot of searching is still required.
    It does help to not limit your searches to Ruby specifically though.

    You might also find some more useful examples if you download the Ruby
    source code and look in sample/openssl/.

    If you have a more specific question, post here and I'll try to help.

    Jeremy

    yermej, Jul 15, 2010

  3. On 2010/07/15, at 13:55, yermej wrote:

    > You might also find some more useful examples if you download the Ruby
    > source code and look in sample/openssl/.
    >=20
    > If you have a more specific question, post here and I'll try to help.

    It's hard to ask more specific questions since I'm just starting out. =
    I'm at that point where I don't know what I don't know. I'll have a =
    look at those samples and dig around for some more general openssl docs =
    and see what comes up.

    Thanks!

    Matthew Pounsett, Jul 15, 2010