Getting dropdown value

Lisa

I know this is supposed to be easy but I can't get this to work. I
have a dropdown that pulls all the Projects (tp_title) available. All
I want to do is get the ID (tp_id) of that record so I can get the
developer assigned to that project (tp_assigned_to). Then, when I get
the developer, I need that to be redirected to a second page.

Example Code:
function getProject(){
//I know that this gets the selected value of the dropdown
var cdoProject = document.frmSoftware.cdoProject.options[cdoProject.selectedIndex].value

//but how do I get tp_id to get tp_assigned_to?????

}

function Submit(){
document.frmSoftware.action =
"Process.asp?Developer=<%=Request.Form("XXX")%>";
document.frmSoftware.submit();
<form name="frmSoftware" method="post">

Set cmd.ActiveConnection = oConn
cmd.CommandText = "SELECT tp_id, tp_title, tp_assigned_to FROM
Projects;"
Set rs = cmd.execute
<select size="1" id="cdoProject" name="cdoProject"
onchange="javascript:getProject()">
<option value="SELECT">SELECT</option>
<%
Dim id, vProject
'EXECUTING- STORED QUERY- "SERVER_DROPDOWN"
Do until swss.EOF
id = swss.Fields("tp_id").value
vProject = swss.Field("tp_title").value
Response.Write "<option value=""" & vProject & """" & vProject &
"</option>"
swss.movenext
loop
swss.close
Set swss = Nothing
%>
</select>
<input type="button" value="Submit" name="btnSubmit"
onclick="Submit()">

Thanks in advance
Lisa

Lisa

Curt,
Yeah I tried that already and it didn't work the value of cdoProject
is blank- unless I have the syntax wrong?