    write and read to/from database.

    Please help.

    juvi

    juvi, Jan 21, 2009

  2. Re: Getting error error: 26 - Error Locating Server/InstanceSpecified

    On Jan 21, 2:27 pm, juvi <> wrote:
    > error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified
    >
    > The strange thing is that the project contains more pages that uses the same
    > connection string and I get this error only on one site. The other site can
    > write and read to/from database.

    So, what is different then? Is this page failed on AD connection (a
    linked server?)

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 21, 2009

  3. juvi

    juvi Guest

    Re: Getting error error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Speci

    Thx for your reply.

    Solved it already now - during deployment there seems to be an invisible
    Connection String to LocalSQLServer that was not correct.

    I attached the ASPNETDB.mdf to SQL Server and deleted the invisible
    CN-String through IIS -> ASP.net configuration

    Then appended the needed LocalSQLServer connection string to web.config file
    and then it worked.

    juvi

    juvi, Jan 22, 2009
  4. Re: Getting error error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Speci

    On Jan 22, 12:39 pm, juvi <> wrote:
    > Thx for your reply.
    >
    > Solved it already now - during deployment there seems to be an invisible
    > Connection String to LocalSQLServer that was not correct.
    >
    > I attached the ASPNETDB.mdf to SQL Server and deleted the invisible
    > CN-String through IIS -> ASP.net configuration
    >
    > Then appended the needed LocalSQLServer connection string to web.config file
    > and then it worked.
    >
    > juvi

    okay, glad that this works now

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 22, 2009