    Please help me in resolving it.

    Thanks and regards
    Somadev
    somadev, Jan 29, 2011

  2. somadev

    Lew Guest

    somadev wrote:
    > I have added Jboss(4.2.3) as a sever to my eclipse (3.4). I have
    > deployed one small testing appliction to it. When ever I am trying to
    > start the server, it is throwing the following error:
    >
    > "Server JBoss v4.2 at localhost was unable to start within 50 seconds.
    > If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the
    > server editor."
    >
    > Earlier the timeout was 15 minutes. I have increased it to 50 seconds
    > and still getting the same error.

    Do you mean that earlier the timeout was 15 seconds? Because 15 minutes to 50
    seconds is a decrease.

    > Please help me in resolving it.

    Deployment time can be large; 50 seconds seems small to me. It varies widely.

    The independent variables are processor configuration (arity, speed),
    available RAM, 32- vs. 64-bit, system load, hard-drive speed and latency, Java
    version, Java configuration, Eclipse configuration, JBoss configuration,
    external resource configuration, presence or absence of cross-LAN (-WAN)
    resources such as databases, and a few others.

    --
    Lew
    Ceci n'est pas une parole.
    Lew, Jan 29, 2011