getting error in deploying project in JBoss 4.2

somadev

Hi All,

I have added Jboss(4.2.3) as a sever to my eclipse (3.4). I have
deployed one small testing appliction to it. When ever I am trying to
start the server, it is throwing the following error:

"Server JBoss v4.2 at localhost was unable to start within 50 seconds.
If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the
server editor."

Earlier the timeout was 15 minutes. I have increased it to 50 seconds
and still getting the same error.

Please help me in resolving it.

Thanks and regards
Somadev

Lew

somadev said:
I have added Jboss(4.2.3) as a sever to my eclipse (3.4). I have
deployed one small testing appliction to it. When ever I am trying to
start the server, it is throwing the following error:

"Server JBoss v4.2 at localhost was unable to start within 50 seconds.
If the server requires more time, try increasing the timeout in the
server editor."

Earlier the timeout was 15 minutes. I have increased it to 50 seconds
and still getting the same error.

Do you mean that earlier the timeout was 15 seconds? Because 15 minutes to 50
seconds is a decrease.
Please help me in resolving it.

Deployment time can be large; 50 seconds seems small to me. It varies widely.

The independent variables are processor configuration (arity, speed),
available RAM, 32- vs. 64-bit, system load, hard-drive speed and latency, Java
version, Java configuration, Eclipse configuration, JBoss configuration,
external resource configuration, presence or absence of cross-LAN (-WAN)
resources such as databases, and a few others.