Getting error: ..."in 'require': No such file to load -- socket (LoadError)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ruby Ruby, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. Ruby Ruby

    Ruby Ruby Guest

    --0-672993380-1082637260=:61737

    I am trying to run a program that has: require "socket" at the beginning.
    I am getting the error:

    pgm.rb:1:in 'require': No such file to load -- socket (LoadError)

    This is under AIX and it happens under 1.8.0 and 1.8.1.
    I think it got to be perhaps a path issue.

    Could anyone help?

    Thank you

    Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25ยข
    --0-672993380-1082637260=:61737--
    Ruby Ruby, Apr 22, 2004