    --------------------------
    can any one help in this?
    , Aug 22, 2008

  2. writes:

    > sh: gcc: not found
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `miniperlmain.o'

    You don't have gcc installed.

    //Makholm
    Peter Makholm, Aug 22, 2008

    On Aug 22, 3:35 pm, Peter Makholm <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > > sh: gcc: not found
    > > ***Errorcode 1
    > >make:Fatalerror:Commandfailedfortarget`miniperlmain.o'

    > You don't have gcc installed.
    >
    > //Makholm

    Thanks for the information Makholm.

    As we are trying to install Perl 5.10, we have faced this fatal error
    problem due to gcc compiler unavailabilty. also we dont have the
    installer file for Perl 5.10, we have moved our view to install Perl
    5.8.8. For that we have downloaded both the source code file and the
    installer file "perl-5.8.8-sol10-sparc-local.gz " from sunfree ware.

    for the first step of installing 5.8.8 we have gunzipped this file and
    went for pkgadd command. But its asking for the root permission. As we
    took a backup copy of all the data and the code we went for this
    second option.

    The current version we are using is perl 5.6 (32 bit copiler)and the
    reason which we are trying to install is like we got a problem of
    processing / validating files size which is large. As the loading of
    the hashes into the memory is the problem we are looking for a 64 bit
    compiler.

    Suggest us what shall we proceed further to fullfill our requirement.

    Appreciate your great help in this regard.

    Sridhar Anandaraj
    , Aug 25, 2008