Getting form parameters

Zvonko

Hi!

How do I get form parameters (about dozen of them) from URL using
JavaScript?

The explanation. My host provider can not configure Tomcat to work
under SSL. So I am wondering how to get the parameters from the form
using GET method and JavaScript? Is it encrypted when the whole thing is
going on under SSL? I am afraid because the whole form data is in the
header (inside URL).

Please provide any help.

Thanx in advance,
Zvonko

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Zvonko said:
How do I get form parameters (about dozen of them) from URL using
JavaScript?

Use the `location.search' property if supported.
[...] Is it encrypted when the whole thing is going on under SSL?

I am afraid because the whole form data is in the header (inside URL).

This will create problems as some UAs, including IE, impose a
nonstandard restriction on the length of supported URI references.

You better get a better service provider.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jasen said:
They are urlencoded. I think there is a function to undo that.

proprietary and ASCII-safe: unescape()
standards compliant and UTF-16-safe: decodeURL(), decodeURLComponent()
I don't know what you're trying to do. I am not familiar with toomcat.

The browser won't see the encrypted form, only the decrypted form.

Not true. The browser (generally: the user agent) has to decrypt the data
stream received from the server and then parse it. Which is why you cannot
connect to a server requiring 128-bit encryption using a browser which only
supports 64-bit encryption mechanism. However, the data the script engine
receives from the UA is already decrypted.

PointedEars