Getting fragment from URL

michael

I have a series of pages I want to put a link on that will allow them
to go back to the page they entered from (the referring URL). The
problem is that to return to the previous page correctly I need the
fragment (page.asp#fragment) along with the referring url. Problem is
that ASP does not seem to provide that. Any advice on how to get the
fragment along with the URL?

For those who might suggest doing a javascript back()... this will not
work since the area people are going into can be a group of pages and
they may click around a few times before wanting to return, so I was
going to save the referring URL when the enter.

Thanks

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
I have a series of pages I want to put a link on that will allow them
to go back to the page they entered from (the referring URL). The
problem is that to return to the previous page correctly I need the
fragment (page.asp#fragment) along with the referring url. Problem is
that ASP does not seem to provide that. Any advice on how to get the
fragment along with the URL?

For those who might suggest doing a javascript back()... this will not
work since the area people are going into can be a group of pages and
they may click around a few times before wanting to return, so I was
going to save the referring URL when the enter.

Thanks

The fragment is client side and ASP has no way of accessing it. If the
page in question has a lot of information you could do something like:

<ul>
</ul>

<h2 id="part1">Title</h2>
<h2 id="part2">Title</h2>
<h2 id="part3">Title</h2>

Most users know how to use the back button (unless you broke it opening
a new window), and also know how to use the page down key, scroll or
otherwise get around the page.