Getting HTML content from one Server and Saving it on another Server

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rene Aube, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. Rene Aube

    Rene Aube Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm incharge of updating the stats on a chl hockey teams Web Site. I
    would like to know if there is a way to be able to save
    the content of the CHL Statistics WebPage on our Server and using it
    to update our Microsoft Access 2000 database.

    If it possible, then I would take the content of that page. Execute
    some code that will take this information an place it in our
    database on our server. By doing this, our Team WebSite would be
    update automaticaly at a time that I specify on our server.

    At this time, I have to open the CHL Statistics WebPage. Then Save the
    HTML page as a txt file, upload it on our server via FTP, then execute
    my my code that places it in our database.

    Could you send your suggestions to ?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance.

    Rene Aube

    Rene Aube, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Rene Aube

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Please do not multipost Rene. This is definitely a database-related question
    so .asp.db was the perfect group in which to post it. Posting it here as
    well did not increase your chances of getting an answer (most of us
    subscribe to both groups). On the contrary, if somebody had taken his time
    to answer it here, only to find that it was already resolved in the other
    group, that person may have been annoyed enough to ignore any future posts
    from you, thereby decreasing your chances of getting help in the future.

    There are times when you will not be sure which group is most appropriate,
    and you will want to post a question to both groups. In that situation, you
    should use the cross-posting technique, rather than posting the same message
    multiple times. To crosspost, put a semicolon-delimited* list of the
    newsgroups to which you wish to post in the To: header of your post and post
    it once. It, and any replies to it, will appear in all the newsgroups in
    your list. So, if I reply in .asp.db, my reply will also appear here in
    ..asp.general.

    * ... or whatever delimiter is recognized by your news client

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows, Dec 23, 2003