Getting id of composite child controls

Chris Kennedy

I can't seem to get the id of the child controls of my composite control. I
can get the unique id but the id when I try to access it via the controls
collection comes back null. Do I need to add a form tag within the control
rather than on aspx parent page. Any ideas? Regards, Chris.

Zafar Iqbal

Chris Kennedy used his keyboard to write :
I can't seem to get the id of the child controls of my composite control. I
can get the unique id but the id when I try to access it via the controls
collection comes back null. Do I need to add a form tag within the control
rather than on aspx parent page. Any ideas? Regards, Chris.

If you are making a composite control, which will have other child
control in it, then you need to implement INamingContainer interface.
This interface provide the facility to properly provide ids to the
child controls according to the heirarchical rules used by ASP.NET

Regards
Zafar Iqbal