    Anyone know what I'd need to do to fix this?

    Thanks!
    ~Geoff

    Geoff Hague, Sep 5, 2004

  2. On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:50:03 GMT, Geoff Hague <>
    wrote:

    [Rendering PHP as HTML]

    > Anyone know what I'd need to do to fix this?

    You'll have to run the preprocessor on the file, first. This can be done
    in three ways:

    1) Run it from the command line (not very nice),
    2) Use an IDE that, as part of a preview feature, calls the preprocessor
    for you, or
    3) Run a web server on your machine and connect to localhost.

    The Zend Studio client and HTML-Kit are two IDEs that I know of that can
    do 2). For 3), you could use any of these free servers[1]: Sambar, Apache,
    or IIS. There are bound to be others. Of course, you'll also need PHP
    installed, if you don't have it already.

    Hope that helps,
    Mike

    [1] Do be sure to check the licenses before using them.

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Geoff Hague wrote:

    > This probably isn't the best place to post this question, but I'm sure
    > someone here knows the answer :)
    >
    > I'm trying to set up my system so that when I double-click on a .PHP file,
    > it'll open my default webbrowser (IE6) and display it as an actual webpage.
    > Unfortunately, all I can get it to do now is open the PHP file in IE, but it
    > only displays the PHP file source-code, rather than actually rendering it as
    > HTML.
    >
    > Anyone know what I'd need to do to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > ~Geoff

    I'm assuming your PHP files are stored in a web directory, such as
    c:\inetpub\wwwroot for IIS. If they aren't, then add an IIS virtual
    directory to the location where your php files are stored. Make sure
    IUSR_machinename has read permissions to the files. Now, get Textpad
    from textpad.com and install it. Right-click on any .php file, select
    "open with" and "choose program". Choose Textpad and check "always
    use this program". In textpad, create a document class for php files.
    Check the option for "View in web browser". Go to the Folders
    section and set the root folder and ip address for the web server.
    Now, when you double click on a .php file, it will open in textpad.
    To preview it, all you have to do is click on the globe icon in the
    textpad toolbar, which will launch the default web browser. You can
    even map a keyboard shortcut.

    This is one way to do it that I use.

    Shailesh Humbad, Sep 7, 2004