Getting info from text box to Access Database

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JT, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. JT

    JT Guest

    I have a web page that I want for the user to be able to enter their Name,
    address, Phone number, email, and comments and then click submit.

    I created a database with fields corresponding to the Name, address, phone
    number, email, and comments.

    Then I created the oledbconnector, oledbdataAdapter, and generated the
    dataset.

    Now I need to figure out how to get the info from these text boxes into my
    database.

    1.Do I need to fill the dataset if all i need to do is add new information
    to the database?
    2. Do I need to bind the text boxes to the corresponding fields in the
    database in the Databinding properties of the text boxes?
    3. How do I get the data the user enters to go into my database?

    Any input would be greatly appreciated..

    JT, Feb 9, 2005