Getting LOGON_USER

David Chase

I am trying to retrieve the LOGON_USER and it comes up blank. Below is my
code:

struser = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

Can anyone help? I need to validate internal people on out intranet.
Thanks.

David

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

David Chase said:
I am trying to retrieve the LOGON_USER and it comes up blank. Below is my
code:

struser = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

Can anyone help? I need to validate internal people on out intranet.

You did to require authentication/not allow anonymous access.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/

Microsoft Internet Information Server
Administration
Server Administration
Security
Authentication
Access Control

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...r2003/proddocs/standard/gs_authentication.asp

HOW TO: Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310344
HOW TO: Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows 2000 or
Windows NT 4.0
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325358
HOW TO: Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324274