    Can anyone help? I need to validate internal people on out intranet.
    Thanks.

    David
    David Chase, Dec 15, 2003

  2. "David Chase" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to retrieve the LOGON_USER and it comes up blank. Below is my
    > code:
    >
    > struser = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")
    >
    > Can anyone help? I need to validate internal people on out intranet.

    You did to require authentication/not allow anonymous access.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/iis/

    Microsoft Internet Information Server
    Administration
    Server Administration
    Security
    Authentication
    Access Control

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...r2003/proddocs/standard/gs_authentication.asp

    HOW TO: Configure IIS 5.0 Web Site Authentication in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310344
    HOW TO: Configure User and Group Access on an Intranet in Windows 2000 or
    Windows NT 4.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325358
    HOW TO: Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324274

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/