getting mac address thru java jdk1.4 program without using nativemethods

moneybhai

Any one can suggest a way of getting the mac address thru a java code
in jdk1.4 to retrieve the mac address...
without using native methods

Mike Schilling

moneybhai said:
Any one can suggest a way of getting the mac address thru a java
code
in jdk1.4 to retrieve the mac address...
without using native methods

Well, the first four times you asked people suggested

1. JNI
2. Parsing the output from a native program that displays it, e.g
ipconfig on Windows.

Qu0ll

Any one can suggest a way of getting the mac address thru a java code
in jdk1.4 to retrieve the mac address...
without using native methods

Why do you keep starting a new thread for what is essentially the same
question?

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

Mike Schilling

Qu0ll said:
Why do you keep starting a new thread for what is essentially the
same
question?

Sometimes I get a call from the sales department asking whether our
product can do X. If it can't, I know that as soon as I hang up, my
officemate's phone will ring.