Getting MAC & NetBIOS Name with Perl?

Snuffy2

I'm looking to try to get a users MAC and/or NetBIOS name when they visit my
website. It somehow can be done, I'm not sure with Perl, but it can be done.

Does anyone have any idea how?

As an example check out:
http://stealthtests.lockdowncorp.com/

On that site, there are tests that will display NetBIOS & MAC addresses.
(NOTE: if you are properly firewalled or protected it won't display the
information accurately, however if unprotected and not behind a NAT or
router, it works)

Now how did they do this? & how can I?

Thanx

James Willmore

Snuffy2 said:
I'm looking to try to get a users MAC and/or NetBIOS name when they visit my
website. It somehow can be done, I'm not sure with Perl, but it can be done.

Does anyone have any idea how?

As an example check out:
http://stealthtests.lockdowncorp.com/

On that site, there are tests that will display NetBIOS & MAC addresses.
(NOTE: if you are properly firewalled or protected it won't display the
information accurately, however if unprotected and not behind a NAT or
router, it works)

Now how did they do this? & how can I?

Thanx

Why? Something to do? Are you (as the web site you suggest viewing)
selling a product?

Jim