Getting Message that code "has been modified outside of the source editor"

bdtmike

I'm using VS2005 and am getting messages that my files have been
modified outside of the source editor.

I'm working with a web project, data sources, and a web service.
Things I'm noticing that are different than VS2003 are that the
auto-generated code for the web service is stored in some temporary
filename rather than displayed in collapsible form along with the rest
of my web service code. Further, it's usually these temporary
filenames that are being "modified outside the source editor".

Is this normal for VS2005? And why are these files being modified
outside???

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

You'll get that error if you open the file in another editor while it is
open in VS 2005's editor.

If you're getting it at other time,something is messing around, like a virus
scanner or index server.

Ken

bdtmike

any idea why the VS2005 generated source is stored in a separate,
hidden temporary file instead of displayed but collapsed with the rest
of the code like VS2003 did?