    filenames that are being "modified outside the source editor".

    Is this normal for VS2005? And why are these files being modified
    outside???
    bdtmike, Mar 21, 2006

  2. You'll get that error if you open the file in another editor while it is
    open in VS 2005's editor.

    If you're getting it at other time,something is messing around, like a virus
    scanner or index server.

    Ken

    Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP, Mar 21, 2006

  3. bdtmike

    bdtmike Guest

    any idea why the VS2005 generated source is stored in a separate,
    hidden temporary file instead of displayed but collapsed with the rest
    of the code like VS2003 did?
    bdtmike, Mar 21, 2006