    ..ASP files ???? (is it as simple as copying over an existing II4
    ASP.DLL and installing that ????

    , Dec 1, 2005

  2. Turkbear Guest

    On 1 Dec 2005 13:07:10 -0800, wrote:

    >I've had a new server installed for me.. with Windows 2003 and II6 with
    >ASP.NET
    >
    >.but I want to run a small (but important) application written in ASP
    >(all .ASP files)
    >
    >as it stands the server will not 'understand' .ASP files (only .ASPx)
    >
    >To avoid having to modify the whole application ( :-} ) can I get the
    >server to execute
    >.ASP files ???? (is it as simple as copying over an existing II4
    >ASP.DLL and installing that ????

    There is a security setting in IIS6 that, by default, prohibits .asp pages from running..

    I do not have one handy to tell you exactly where, but a search of Google or the IIS6 help files should reveal what to
    do to enable them - They do run fine on IIS6

    Turkbear, Dec 1, 2005

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET