Getting new coordinates

Chantal

Hello,

I'm translating and rotating a polygon with graphics2D (g2) and
everything works fine :

g2.translate(x, y);
g2.rotate(r);
g2.drawPolygon(pol);
//reinit
g2.translate(-x, -y);
g2.rotate(-r);

But I would like to know if it's possible to get the new coordinates of
the polygon, I mean after the rotation and translation are done.

To be complete, I'm doing a translation and a rotation on a image too.
So i draw first my image and after I draw my polygon.
So my image and polygon perfectly match but I need to get the new
coordinates of my polygon.

I tried to rotate and translate my polygon with maths without using
dedicated graphics2D functions (the image is still translated and
rotated with graphics2D) but the figures don't match anymore (several
pixels of difference).

So, if there was a possibility to get the new coordinates of my polygon
with the first solution (everything done with graphics2D), it would be
great !!

Thanks in advance, :eek:)

Chantal

Thomas Weidenfeller

Chantal said:
I'm translating and rotating a polygon with graphics2D (g2) and
everything works fine :

g2.translate(x, y);
g2.rotate(r);
g2.drawPolygon(pol);
//reinit

It is better to keep a copy of the original, instead of trying to
reverse your operations, ...
g2.translate(-x, -y);
g2.rotate(-r);

.... because this adds rounding errors.

[...]
So, if there was a possibility to get the new coordinates of my polygon
with the first solution (everything done with graphics2D),

There are no new polygon user space coordinates, since you have in no
way translated the polygon. You have changed the origin and rotation of
the device space coordinate system in which the polygon is drawn. Within
that coordinate system the polygon user space coordinates are absolutely
the same as before.

So what is it what you really want?

/Thomas

Chantal

Hello Thomas,

Thanks you for your answer.

How to get original values ?

What I wanted was to try to get the coordonnates of the rotated polygon
but if it's only the device space system coordinates which is changed,
I don't have certainly the possibility to get it. I'll try another way.

Thanks again Thomas, :eek:)

Chantal