getting original embed code using innerhtml

mcwd

Hello,

When using innerhtml to grab an embed it's already been run by the
browser and most of the properties show up as blank. The result is
flash without it's flashVars parameter and WMP without the URL etc. Is
there a way to either read the code from a buffer somewhere so it
hasn't changed or do some other magical thing you can think of??

I know the best way of doing this is server side but what I'm trying to
do needs to be easily dropped into pages, only needs to be IE5.5+.

Cheers,
Mike.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 4/14/2006 8:47 AM:
Hello,

When using innerhtml to grab an embed it's already been run by the
browser and most of the properties show up as blank. The result is
flash without it's flashVars parameter and WMP without the URL etc. Is
there a way to either read the code from a buffer somewhere so it
hasn't changed or do some other magical thing you can think of??

I know the best way of doing this is server side but what I'm trying to
do needs to be easily dropped into pages, only needs to be IE5.5+.

Read the html file from the server using a HTTPRequestObject and parse
out what you want. Good luck though.....

But, if you want a "drop in" snippet, then make you a snippet and
include it on the server that has what you want:

var myFlashVars = new Object;
myFlashVars['someParameter'] = 'parameter here';
etc..