Getting ORIGINAL username

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by gertjan, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. gertjan

    gertjan Guest

    Hi,

    I'm following a couple of discussion on usernames a while
    and have question.

    I have implemented all steps like impersonate and Windows
    authentication and all work fine, but I also want to trace
    the original login which the user used to login at his own
    domain.

    I have tried to use scripting to get this username
    userdomain and machine name (the one you see when typing
    SET in dos-box).

    I used the following code, but it does not work
    (errormessage unabled to create activeX object WScript.Shell)

    Could you help me on this, or are there other ways to find
    this information?

    Best regards and thanks in advance!

    Gert Jan

    <script language="vbscript">
    Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    CompName = Shell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%COMPUTERNAME%")
    Document.writeln(CompName)
    MsgBox(CompName)
    </script>

    gertjan, Jan 13, 2004