Getting ORIGINAL username

gertjan

Hi,

I'm following a couple of discussion on usernames a while
and have question.

I have implemented all steps like impersonate and Windows
authentication and all work fine, but I also want to trace
the original login which the user used to login at his own
domain.

I have tried to use scripting to get this username
userdomain and machine name (the one you see when typing
SET in dos-box).

I used the following code, but it does not work
(errormessage unabled to create activeX object WScript.Shell)

Could you help me on this, or are there other ways to find
this information?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Gert Jan

<script language="vbscript">
Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
CompName = Shell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%COMPUTERNAME%")
Document.writeln(CompName)
MsgBox(CompName)
</script>