    have a client task that wakes up every 5 minutes and opens that page. Is
    there a better way?

    Wayne
    Wayne Wengert, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Wayne  Wengert

    Steven Burn Guest

    content="5;url=http://www.domain.com/somewhere.asp">

    Where 5 is the interval

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Wayne Wengert <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using ASP 3 on an ISP account (I don't have access to the root of the
    > server). I have a page that does some intake processing and I'd like to

    have

    Steven Burn, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Steven;

    Thanks - never thought of that - I'll give it a try.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Feb 15, 2004
  4. Wayne  Wengert

    ecPunk Guest

    > Steven;
    >
    > Thanks - never thought of that - I'll give it a try.
    >
    > Wayne
    >
    > "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > content="5;url=http://www.domain.com/somewhere.asp">
    > >
    > > Where 5 is the interval
    > >
    > > --
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Steven Burn
    > > Ur I.T. Mate Group
    > > www.it-mate.co.uk
    > >
    > > Keeping it FREE!
    > >
    > > Disclaimer:
    > > I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)
    > >

    > > Wayne Wengert <> wrote in message
    > > > Using ASP 3 on an ISP account (I don't have access to the root of the
    > > > server). I have a page that does some intake processing and I'd like

    > > have
    > > > it run every 5 minutes. Right now, the only way I can see to do this

    is
    > > > have a client task that wakes up every 5 minutes and opens that page.

    Is
    > > > there a better way?
    > > >
    > > > Wayne

    In that case, for the page to be refreshed the client would still have to
    have the page open. Where you can't control the client or server, there is
    no real solution to your issue as I understand it.

    Neil
    ecPunk, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Wayne  Wengert

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Wayne Wengert wrote:
    > Using ASP 3 on an ISP account (I don't have access to the root of the
    > server). I have a page that does some intake processing and I'd like
    > to have it run every 5 minutes. Right now, the only way I can see to
    > do this is to have a client task that wakes up every 5 minutes and
    > opens that page. Is there a better way?
    >
    > Wayne

    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Wayne  Wengert

    lux_interior Guest

    Hi - You could use a service like cronservice.co.uk that will allow
    you to schedule scripts when you don't have access to taskscheduler or
    cron as is the case withe most ISP's.

    It doesn't allow for 5 min intervals but you can have it execute every
    hour if that helps.

    Regards

    lux
    lux_interior, Feb 18, 2004