Getting Page to Execute every 5 min

Wayne Wengert

Using ASP 3 on an ISP account (I don't have access to the root of the
server). I have a page that does some intake processing and I'd like to have
it run every 5 minutes. Right now, the only way I can see to do this is to
have a client task that wakes up every 5 minutes and opens that page. Is
there a better way?

Wayne

ecPunk

Wayne Wengert said:
Steven;

Thanks - never thought of that - I'll give it a try.

Wayne

is

In that case, for the page to be refreshed the client would still have to
have the page open. Where you can't control the client or server, there is
no real solution to your issue as I understand it.

Neil

Bob Barrows

Wayne said:
Using ASP 3 on an ISP account (I don't have access to the root of the
server). I have a page that does some intake processing and I'd like
to have it run every 5 minutes. Right now, the only way I can see to
do this is to have a client task that wakes up every 5 minutes and
opens that page. Is there a better way?

Wayne

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

HTH,
Bob Barrows

lux_interior

Hi - You could use a service like cronservice.co.uk that will allow
you to schedule scripts when you don't have access to taskscheduler or
cron as is the case withe most ISP's.

It doesn't allow for 5 min intervals but you can have it execute every
hour if that helps.

Regards

lux