Getting qtext module for PyQT on windows

Discussion in 'Python' started by Srinath Avadhanula, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I wanted to take a look at the qtext module which has been advertised on
    the PyQT overview page, but am unable to get it. How am I supposed to do
    this?

    I installed Python v2.3 from www.python.org (using the self-installing
    executable), QT non-commercial edition 2.3.0 and then PyQT
    non-commercial edition 3.8.0 using the self-installing executable
    PyQT-win-nc-3.8.exe from riverbankcomputing.co.uk.

    With this setup, I can do something like

    >>> from qt import *

    and this works fine. But

    >>> import qt
    >>> import qt.text
    >>> import qtext

    all give an ImportError. What additional steps should I take to get PyQT
    with the qtext module?

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Srinath
    Srinath Avadhanula, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Srinath Avadhanula

    ulysses Guest

    Srinath Avadhanula <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I wanted to take a look at the qtext module which has been advertised on
    > the PyQT overview page, but am unable to get it. How am I supposed to do
    > this?
    >
    > I installed Python v2.3 from www.python.org (using the self-installing
    > executable), QT non-commercial edition 2.3.0 and then PyQT
    > non-commercial edition 3.8.0 using the self-installing executable
    > PyQT-win-nc-3.8.exe from riverbankcomputing.co.uk.
    >
    > With this setup, I can do something like

    > and this works fine. But

    > all give an ImportError. What additional steps should I take to get PyQT
    > with the qtext module?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Regards,
    > Srinath

    You just need do this "from qt import *", you can use QText and other Object.
    don't need import QText.
    But I must tell you PyQt don't support Windows98. GUI can't show normally.
    Because QT use unicode,win98 don't support it.
    ulysses, Oct 14, 2003