    is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used. That is it
    should set the size automaticly if run on different computer where the
    resolution setting for the monitors are different.
    Jean Paul, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Jean Paul

    Ann Guest

    "Jean Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
    > is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used. That is it
    > should set the size automaticly if run on different computer where the
    > resolution setting for the monitors are different.

    import java.awt.Toolkit;
    Dimension myScreenSize = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize();
    Ann, Oct 6, 2004

  3. On 6 Oct 2004 14:19:31 -0700, Jean Paul wrote:

    > I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
    > is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used.

    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenSize()>
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenResolution()>

    BTW - comp.lang.java.programmer, comp.lang.java.help, comp.lang.java.gui
    is far too wide a cross-post* for this basic question. Please restrict
    your posts to c.l.j.help for the moment.

    * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

    [ Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Jean Paul

    Jean Paul Guest

    Andrew Thompson <> wrote in message news:<175ixem11e9a2$>...
    > On 6 Oct 2004 14:19:31 -0700, Jean Paul wrote:
    >
    > > I was wondering if it is possible to create a window, where the size
    > > is dependant on the resolusion that's currently being used.

    > <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenSize()>
    > <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/Toolkit.html#getScreenResolution()>
    >
    > BTW - comp.lang.java.programmer, comp.lang.java.help, comp.lang.java.gui
    > is far too wide a cross-post* for this basic question. Please restrict
    > your posts to c.l.j.help for the moment.
    >
    > * <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>
    >
    > [ Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help ]

    Thnx guys!!!
    Jean Paul, Oct 7, 2004