    Firefox.

    The link for the site is :

    http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html
    Astroboy, Aug 16, 2009

  2. Astroboy

    dorayme Guest

    Re: Getting rid of space of Flash Object in Firebox (Problem doesn't appear in Explorer)

    In article
    <>,
    Astroboy <> wrote:

    > I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
    > problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.
    >
    > The flashing banner (Which is a flash object) a the top has this big
    > white space between it in Firefox. In Internet Explorer it doesn't
    > have that. The way it looks in explorer is the way the site is
    > supposed to be. Any ways I can get rid of that white space in
    > Firefox.
    >
    > The link for the site is :
    >
    > http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html

    You might try: adding <object style="display:block;" ...

    (btw, I noticed your type: "classid" in objectinstead of "class id" (if
    that is what is meant?).

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 16, 2009

  3. Astroboy

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 16 Aug 2009, Astroboy <> wrote:

    > I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
    > problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.
    >
    > The flashing banner (Which is a flash object) a the top has this big
    > white space between it in Firefox. In Internet Explorer it doesn't
    > have that. The way it looks in explorer is the way the site is
    > supposed to be. Any ways I can get rid of that white space in
    > Firefox.
    >
    > The link for the site is :
    >
    > http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html

    "In Internet Explorer it doesn't have that."

    It does in ie8, but whatever. Your real problem is table layout; cells
    have innate spacing and padding. Also, the body has a default margin
    which I don't see zeroed in css.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Aug 17, 2009
  4. Re: Getting rid of space of Flash Object in Firebox (Problem doesn't appear in Explorer)

    Astroboy wrote:

    > I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
    > problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.

    In addition to what others have said, fixing all the errors would
    probably help your cause.

    <http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quantumphysique.ca%2Findex2.html>
    Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: 93 Errors

    You have HTML comment markers in your CSS: <!-- and -->

    Why Transitional? New documents are supposed to be Strict .. and you
    should eschew XHTML for HTML 4.01 Strict.

    Nested tables is 1990s code.

    Firebox. <g>

    --
    -bts