Getting rid of space of Flash Object in Firebox (Problem doesn'tappear in Explorer)

Astroboy

I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.

The flashing banner (Which is a flash object) a the top has this big
white space between it in Firefox. In Internet Explorer it doesn't
have that. The way it looks in explorer is the way the site is
supposed to be. Any ways I can get rid of that white space in
Firefox.

The link for the site is :

http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html

dorayme

Astroboy said:
I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.

The flashing banner (Which is a flash object) a the top has this big
white space between it in Firefox. In Internet Explorer it doesn't
have that. The way it looks in explorer is the way the site is
supposed to be. Any ways I can get rid of that white space in
Firefox.

The link for the site is :

http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html

You might try: adding <object style="display:block;" ...

(btw, I noticed your type: "classid" in objectinstead of "class id" (if
that is what is meant?).

Neredbojias

I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.

The flashing banner (Which is a flash object) a the top has this big
white space between it in Firefox. In Internet Explorer it doesn't
have that. The way it looks in explorer is the way the site is
supposed to be. Any ways I can get rid of that white space in
Firefox.

The link for the site is :

http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html

"In Internet Explorer it doesn't have that."

It does in ie8, but whatever. Your real problem is table layout; cells
have innate spacing and padding. Also, the body has a default margin
which I don't see zeroed in css.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Astroboy said:
I'm developing a site for a client, however there seems to be a
problem in a difference in how it looks in Explorer and Firebox.

In addition to what others have said, fixing all the errors would
probably help your cause.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.quantumphysique.ca/index2.html>
Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 93 Errors

You have HTML comment markers in your CSS: <!-- and -->

Why Transitional? New documents are supposed to be Strict .. and you
should eschew XHTML for HTML 4.01 Strict.

Nested tables is 1990s code.

Firebox. <g>

Astroboy

Thanks Dorayme!