Getting Session by SessionID (in a different context)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by patrick.nee.jr@gmail.com, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a question about session state:

    I have a complex application in which after logging into an ASP.Net
    2.0 application using asp membership, a subsequent page passes the
    SessionID to an embedded Flash component. This Flash component will
    then talk to a Java component on the server. This Java component then
    will contact a web page/service in ASP.Net, passing in the SessionID.

    This Java call will be in a different HTTP context. So I need to get
    the Session variables in the ASP.Net application based on the
    SessionID. I cannot find any way to get the Session variables if I
    know the SessionID.

    I would very much like to leverage the ASP Sesion State architecture,
    but cannot seem to resolve this problem.

    Any ideas?

    Patrick

    , Sep 14, 2007