    Your help is appreciated in advance.
    Thanks.

    -Shakti

    Shakti, Jun 20, 2007

  2. Shakti

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 20 Jun, 07:52, Shakti <> wrote:

    > I'm familiar with Java programming. I've an idea of servlets and JSP,
    > but I'm completely new to J2EE.

    If I knew what "J2EE" was, I'd tell you. J2EE is potentially a very
    large bag, but really only a small fraction of this (Servlets & JSP)
    is used most of the time, on most projects. EJB is far, far behind in
    terms of common occurence, lines of code written, or number of people
    needing to know it.

    I strongly recommend the book "Head First Servlets & JSP" as a
    tutorial on good techniques for the portion of J2EE that's actually
    useful to learn first. Gain good skills and experience with this
    first, worry about EJB later.

    Andy Dingley, Jun 20, 2007

  3. Shakti

    Lew Guest

    Shakti wrote:
    >> I'm familiar with Java programming. I've an idea of servlets and JSP,
    >> but I'm completely new to J2EE.

    "J2EE" (now "JEE") is a catch-all term for a number of different APIs.
    Servlets and JSPs are part of J(2)EE. So you are not "completely new to J2EE"
    if you've been working with servlets and JSPs.

    JEE refers to APIs used for server-centric (mostly web-based) applications
    accessed via remote clients.

    JEE includes servlets, JSPs, JSF and JSTL, EJB, JMX, SOAP libraries, and a
    bunch of other stuff.

    Have you tried the Sun tutorial on JEE on their website? That would seem to
    me to be the logical first step. Surely you've taken it by now.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 20, 2007
  4. Shakti

    Shakti Guest

    On Jun 20, 5:01 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Shakti wrote:
    > >> I'm familiar with Java programming. I've an idea of servlets and JSP,
    > >> but I'm completely new toJ2EE.

    > "J2EE" (now "JEE") is a catch-all term for a number of different APIs.
    > Servlets and JSPs are part of J(2)EE. So you are not "completely new toJ2EE"
    > if you've been working with servlets and JSPs.
    >
    > JEE refers to APIs used for server-centric (mostly web-based) applications
    > accessed via remote clients.
    >
    > JEE includes servlets, JSPs, JSF and JSTL, EJB, JMX, SOAP libraries, and a
    > bunch of other stuff.
    >
    > Have you tried the Sun tutorial on JEE on their website? That would seem to
    > me to be the logical first step. Surely you've taken it by now.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Thanks to both Andy and Lew for your suggestions. Now I understand
    what J(2)EE really is.

    Shakti, Jun 21, 2007