    up-to-date compiler and such). Having finally done this, I can't see
    how to start. Please advise (and direct me to where I might see the
    information I need.) TIA

    Mike Copeland, May 20, 2012

  2. On May 19, 5:57 pm, (Mike Copeland) wrote:
    >    At the frequent behests of experts here I have installed VC10.0
    > Express.  Now I have no idea how to start using it, as I tried to take a
    > simple VC6.0 project I have and loaded it into VC10.0 IDE.  I cannot
    > find any command or function in this IDE to (1) compile or (2) build a
    > new VC10.0 project.
    >    I know this forum isn't where I should get such answers (although
    > whenever I mention I use VC6.0 I get plenty of comments about getting an
    > up-to-date compiler and such).  Having finally done this, I can't see
    > how to start.  Please advise (and direct me to where I might see the
    > information I need.)  TIA

    While off-topic, I can sympathize. It doesn't come out-of-the-box with
    the same toolbars et. al. as the non-express version (I can compare as
    I have the "full" version at work), and the properties/options to fix
    it are hidden well. Try menu bar -> tools -> customize -> "commands"
    tab -> dropdown "menu bar:" to "build" -> "add command" -> "build
    solution". Something like that. I already fixed my install for my home
    computer, so I can't help further short of reinstalling and
    documenting the steps I used.

    Joshua Maurice, May 20, 2012

  3. Mike Copeland

    Bo Persson Guest

    Mike Copeland skrev 2012-05-20 02:57:
    > At the frequent behests of experts here I have installed VC10.0
    > Express. Now I have no idea how to start using it, as I tried to take a
    > simple VC6.0 project I have and loaded it into VC10.0 IDE. I cannot
    > find any command or function in this IDE to (1) compile or (2) build a
    > new VC10.0 project.
    > I know this forum isn't where I should get such answers (although
    > whenever I mention I use VC6.0 I get plenty of comments about getting an
    > up-to-date compiler and such). Having finally done this, I can't see
    > how to start. Please advise (and direct me to where I might see the
    > information I need.) TIA

    Couldn't be that hard.

    First menu option is "File", first choice "New", first option "Project".

    To build you new project, check the "Build" menu.

    Bo Persson

    Bo Persson, May 20, 2012