Getting Started with Ruby 1.9, Rails and SQLite3, All on Windows.

Luis Lavena

Hey Everybody,

After popular request, I decided to put together a series of
instructions on getting Ruby 1.9, Rails and SQLite3 bindings working,
all on Windows.

http://blog.mmediasys.com/2009/07/06/getting-started-with-rails-and-sqlite3=
/

The steps described in the blog post cover:

* Installation of Ruby 1.9.1 on Windows (using preview1 Installers)
* Installation of SQLite3
* Installation of Rails and creation of an application
* Verification of proper working environment
* Notes about compatibility.

This post aims to explain the needed steps to get everything working
out of the box without unneeded complexity.

Hope search engines pick this up and this answer common questions
raised over the mailing lists.

Cheers,
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-
Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry

Luis Lavena

Could you advise how to get Ruby 1.9, Rails and SQLite3/mySQL to work on Linux, please!

I think my Windows background will not provide the cleanest answer to
your request, mostly due the differences between Linux distribution,
package managers and the inherent nature of "compile everything" that
goes with Linux.

You can find several tutorials for this on internet, and everything
for Ubuntu, Fedora and others.

If you need special help on this please start a new thread with your
questions (instead of hijacking an existing and unrelated one).

Cheers,