getting started

crazymom

I used to be an ASP developer with VB and SQL Server. I have been out doing
the Mom thing and am trying to learn ASP.NET. I have a strong preference for
C#. I have been on the microsoft web site looking for articles and tutorials
and have come up with things that I don't find appropriate. Does anyone have
the ability to point me to a resource that has the following criteria.

- c# examples rather than VB.NET
- give information about how to write code from basically a blank file in
Visual Studio with no development aids and widgets. I learn best from the
ground up.
- has info about web development with emphasis on separation of user
experience (html...) and code with data in sql server.

Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I appreciate
it hugely.

Stephanie

Lloyd Sheen

crazymom said:
I used to be an ASP developer with VB and SQL Server. I have been out doing
the Mom thing and am trying to learn ASP.NET. I have a strong preference for
C#. I have been on the microsoft web site looking for articles and tutorials
and have come up with things that I don't find appropriate. Does anyone have
the ability to point me to a resource that has the following criteria.

- c# examples rather than VB.NET
- give information about how to write code from basically a blank file in
Visual Studio with no development aids and widgets. I learn best from the
ground up.
- has info about web development with emphasis on separation of user
experience (html...) and code with data in sql server.

Thanks so much for any resources you are able to point me to. I appreciate
it hugely.

Stephanie

I have always used this resource.

http://www.asp.net/get-started/

It is constantly updated with the new tech stuff.

LS