Getting statically positioned element window offset positions (left, top)?

Pieter Van Waeyenberge

HEllo

i create an HTML image dynamically using document.createElement()

i dont explicitly define the 'style.position', but i assume its 'static' by
default.

according to CSS2 'left' & 'top' props dont apply to 'boxes' having
'position:static;'

is there really no way of getting window offset x & y for my element?
i remember IE used to have something like offsetX & offSetY of ofsetWidth &
Height ??

Pieter.

Pieter Van Waeyenberge

sorry, i forgot to look on the element properties instead of the
element.style properties ...