    Yep, me again. There will be more, soon I'm sure!

    Thanks.

    Mike.
    Mike Barnard, Feb 21, 2008

  2. Mike Barnard wrote:

    > Any common methods of laying out html to get the content high up to be
    > searched properly?

    Sure. Place the content div/text before the nav stuff in your source.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 21, 2008

  3. I hope you don't change the photo. It's refreshing and fun to see one
    that's not some sappy-looking yearbook photo or one that includes a stupid
    cat. :)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2008
  4. Mike Barnard

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:24:20 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >I hope you don't change the photo. It's refreshing and fun to see one
    >that's not some sappy-looking yearbook photo or one that includes a stupid
    >cat. :)

    I have one of me wearing *just* an apron in the kitchen, taken from
    the back, but the mrs won't let me use that. Probably a good thing.
    Mike Barnard, Feb 21, 2008
  5. Mike Barnard

    Mike Barnard Guest

    On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:47:40 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Mike Barnard wrote:
    >
    >> Any common methods of laying out html to get the content high up to be
    >> searched properly?

    >Sure. Place the content div/text before the nav stuff in your source.

    Thanks so much.
    Mike Barnard, Feb 21, 2008
  6. Mike Barnard wrote:

    > On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:24:20 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I hope you don't change the photo. It's refreshing and fun to see one
    >>that's not some sappy-looking yearbook photo or one that includes a stupid
    >>cat. :)

    > I have one of me wearing *just* an apron in the kitchen, taken from
    > the back, but the mrs won't let me use that. Probably a good thing.y

    Stick with "The Yawn". Look how well-known Munch's "The Scream" as become.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 21, 2008
  7. Mike Barnard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> Mike Barnard wrote:
    >>> Any common methods of laying out html to get the content high up to
    >>> be searched properly?

    >> Sure. Place the content div/text before the nav stuff in your
    >> source.

    > Thanks so much.

    You sound skeptical. :) Would you like a sample?

    http://fingerlakesbmw.org/

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 21, 2008
  8. Mike Barnard

    Ed Guest

    Re: Getting the content above the navstuff without breaking thesite.

    On 21/02/08 18:37, Mike Barnard wrote:
    > Hi.
    >
    > I have implemented a search bar powered by Atomz.com. When I do a test
    > search 90% of the search contains the navigation list. OK, so I moved
    > the div in the html below the content div but it broke the site.
    >
    > Any common methods of laying out html to get the content high up to be
    > searched properly?
    >
    > www.thermachek.com/temp/
    >
    > Yep, me again. There will be more, soon I'm sure!
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Mike.

    Ah, so this is not a search of YOUR site... it's an internet search? I
    didnt realise that.
    Ed, Feb 21, 2008
  9. Mike Barnard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed <ex@directory> wrote:

    > On 21/02/08 18:37, Mike Barnard wrote:
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > I have implemented a search bar powered by Atomz.com. When I do a test
    > > search 90% of the search contains the navigation list. OK, so I moved
    > > the div in the html below the content div but it broke the site.
    > >
    > > Any common methods of laying out html to get the content high up to be
    > > searched properly?
    > >
    > > www.thermachek.com/temp/
    > >
    > > Yep, me again. There will be more, soon I'm sure!
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > Mike.

    > Ah, so this is not a search of YOUR site... it's an internet search? I
    > didnt realise that.

    It is a search of his site but with additional finds from
    elsewhere (probably sponsered). Atomz is a free utility. (There
    are other whole package, paid deals that the same company
    provides, but this is another matter). I used the free offering
    years ago and still do on one site. It does a fine job. I have
    also used Google.

    I notice that Mike's page is improving by the second - hasn't he
    got anything better to do? <g>

    He will find that AtomZ can find useful information on his site
    if he *has* a lot of useful information. I will leave it to
    others to decide if the navigation second or first on his pages
    will affect the basic situation. I am a little skeptical.

    I say, build your site with lots of genuine information and don't
    fuss with tricky placements of the html until you really know
    what is what. Beauregard is Beauregard, he knows what he is
    doing. It is not necessarily a good idea for someone new to html
    to be worrying about this stuff. That is my view anyway and I am
    sticking to it unless challenged - when I might then fold like
    the disgustingly cowardly flake that I am.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Feb 22, 2008
  10. dorayme wrote:

    > Beauregard is Beauregard, he knows what he is doing.

    <lol> Thenk yew very much.

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista