Getting the HTTPSession of a SOAP servlet?

Scott Balmos

Hi all,

I've got some POJO classes which are acting as SOAP services. But for
session authentication, I'd like to maintain an HTTPSession with the
SOAP session. I can't figure out, though, a way of accessing any form
of an HTTPSession object for the servlet that's processing the SOAP
request.

Googling around points to something along the lines of
UserContext.getContext().getHTTPSession(), but I don't see a
UserContext class in JBoss 4. And JBoss docs, in general, are downright
slim / nonexistent on how to get access to any underlying SOAP-layer or
servlet-layer data for a POJO class acting as a SOAP servlet.

Any ideas here? I don't even mind passing back the session ID string
from my login() SOAP method, requiring the session ID to be passed as
an extra parameter to all my other SOAP methods, and somehow manually
creating the HTTPSession object myself (if I could figure out how to do
that, either. Again, goes back to figuring out how to get the object in
the first place). I just don't want to have to create my own homebrewed
session-data-management system.

Thanks for any pointers!

--Scott