    Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them.

    Thanks && Regards..
    Jan

    Jan, Feb 14, 2014

  2. Jan <> wrote:
    > Hi friends,
    > This is Jan, I am new to this Group.
    > I have a requirement here.
    > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image
    > and PDF formats.

    For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr" (and "java")
    (the acronym means "optical character recognition")

    PDFs may contain the text directly (non-graphically), which would make
    extraction much easier (and not require ocr).

    Andreas Leitgeb, Feb 14, 2014

  3. Jan

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before>

    Jeff Higgins, Feb 14, 2014
  4. Jan

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:09:12 -0800 (PST), Jan <>

    > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats.
    >Pease let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them

    You could spawn a copy of Nuance Omnipage. It can OCR pdfs. You might
    just look for PDF --> X converters.

    See http://mindprod.com/pdf.html

    The future has already happened, it just isn’t evenly distributed.
    ~ William Gibson (born: 1948-03-17 age: 65)

    Roedy Green, Feb 16, 2014