    I need to know how to put the data that the user inputs into the database.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    The code is in VB.

    JT, Feb 9, 2005

  2. JT..
    Go to :-http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/
    and under ASP.NET Web Forms> click Server-Side Data Access
    Hope this helps.
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 9, 2005

  3. JT

    JT Guest

    This is SQL.. is it the same as doing this in Access Database?

    JT, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Yes !
    Just change ur connectionstring to connect to your :-
    MS ACCESSS database
    for example:-"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"

    Hope this helps!
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, Feb 9, 2005
  5. JT

    bmongtangco Guest

    > JTwrote:

    > I need to put the information that the user inputs to the text boxes

    in my
    > database.
    >
    > I have created the DataConnection, DataAdapter, and generated the

    dataset.
    > I have also went to the databinding properties of each text box and

    pointed
    > them to the corresponding fields in my database.
    >
    > I need to know how to put the data that the user inputs into the

    database.

    hmm.... can you be a little more specific??

    are you saying that you already created a complete code that doesnt
    input on the ms access database or you dont know how to input data on
    a ms access database????
    http://www.usenet.com

    bmongtangco, Feb 9, 2005
  6. JT

    JT Guest

    I don't know how to input the data.

    JT, Feb 9, 2005
  7. JT

    JT Guest

    I just need to link text boxes.. not a datagrid.... this is so simple.. yet
    there is no documentation on it.. this sucks

    JT, Feb 9, 2005
  8. JT

    IPGrunt Guest

    "JT" <> confessed in news:eeBzzAwDFHA.392
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > I just need to link text boxes.. not a datagrid.... this is so simple..

    yet
    > there is no documentation on it.. this sucks
    >
    > "Patrick Olurotimi Ige" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes !
    >> Just change ur connectionstring to connect to your :-
    >> MS ACCESSS database
    >> for example:-"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
    >> Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"
    >>
    >> Hope this helps!
    >> Patrick
    >>

    >> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
    >> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

    Look, you have to understanad a little about SQL, ASP.NET and ADO.NET.

    1. You read the data from the user with ASP.NET
    2. You connect to a database using ADO.NET
    3. You place data in a table using the sql INSERT command.

    Everything is well documented. There are *many* examples in the ASP.NET
    quickstart.

    Take a look at either gotodotnet.com or the asp.net sites for many
    examples. If you have the full version of visual studio .net, then you have
    these examples on your machine if you loaded the MSDN disks. Also, there
    are examples available in the ASP.NET resource kit ( a great resource for
    noobs, btw). There is also a set of sources on MSDN that are called 101
    tips for VB.NET / C# that contain examples for doing everything with
    ADO.NET.

    Then there are at least 2 dozen other sites full of .net examples and
    plenty of helpful people who have posted questions and answers including
    tutorials about how to do this kind of simple stuff.

    There's documentation all over the place--probably right on your machine.
    Quit whining and go educate yourself like all the other folks here who have
    done.

    If computer programming was easy, then everybody could do it, right?

    -- ipgrunt

    IPGrunt, Feb 10, 2005