Getting user input to go to Access Database

JT

I have a web page with 5 text boxes. I have an access database with 5
fields that correspond to the text boxes.

I need to put the information that the user inputs to the text boxes in my
database.

I have created the DataConnection, DataAdapter, and generated the dataset.
I have also went to the databinding properties of each text box and pointed
them to the corresponding fields in my database.

I need to know how to put the data that the user inputs into the database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The code is in VB.

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

JT..
Go to :-http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/
and under ASP.NET Web Forms> click Server-Side Data Access
Hope this helps.
Patrick

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Yes !
Just change ur connectionstring to connect to your :-
MS ACCESSS database
for example:-"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source=\somepath\mydb.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"

Hope this helps!
Patrick

bmongtangco

JTwrote:
I need to put the information that the user inputs to the text boxes in my
database.

I have created the DataConnection, DataAdapter, and generated the dataset.
I have also went to the databinding properties of each text box and pointed
them to the corresponding fields in my database.

I need to know how to put the data that the user inputs into the database.

hmm.... can you be a little more specific??

are you saying that you already created a complete code that doesnt
input on the ms access database or you dont know how to input data on
a ms access database????

JT

I don't know how to input the data.

bmongtangco said:
I need to put the information that the user inputs to the text boxes in my
database.

I have created the DataConnection, DataAdapter, and generated the dataset.
I have also went to the databinding properties of each text box and pointed
them to the corresponding fields in my database.

I need to know how to put the data that the user inputs into the database.

hmm.... can you be a little more specific??

are you saying that you already created a complete code that doesnt
input on the ms access database or you dont know how to input data on
a ms access database????

JT

I just need to link text boxes.. not a datagrid.... this is so simple.. yet
there is no documentation on it.. this sucks

IPGrunt

I just need to link text boxes.. not a datagrid.... this is so simple.. yet
there is no documentation on it.. this sucks

Look, you have to understanad a little about SQL, ASP.NET and ADO.NET.

1. You read the data from the user with ASP.NET
2. You connect to a database using ADO.NET
3. You place data in a table using the sql INSERT command.

Everything is well documented. There are *many* examples in the ASP.NET
quickstart.

Take a look at either gotodotnet.com or the asp.net sites for many
examples. If you have the full version of visual studio .net, then you have
these examples on your machine if you loaded the MSDN disks. Also, there
are examples available in the ASP.NET resource kit ( a great resource for
noobs, btw). There is also a set of sources on MSDN that are called 101
tips for VB.NET / C# that contain examples for doing everything with
ADO.NET.

Then there are at least 2 dozen other sites full of .net examples and
plenty of helpful people who have posted questions and answers including
tutorials about how to do this kind of simple stuff.

There's documentation all over the place--probably right on your machine.
Quit whining and go educate yourself like all the other folks here who have
done.

If computer programming was easy, then everybody could do it, right?

-- ipgrunt