    what is the process to do so ? or any lead as to how to proceed.if i know what to look for to achieve this i can search on thenet.

    thanks a lot

    User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

    Guest, Nov 4, 2004

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:19:30 -0800, Guest <Guest@aew_nospam.com> wrote:

    ¤ HI
    ¤
    ¤ I donot ahve any idea how to proceed. but my requirement is somehting like if the user click to the logon button on a webpage automatically he gets logged on with his name. how can this be achieved? i donot want to authenticate him thru userid and password. I just want to take his name automatically from the machine and let him log in?
    ¤
    ¤ what is the process to do so ? or any lead as to how to proceed. if i know what to look for to achieve this i can search on the net.
    ¤

    Assuming the user has been authenticated when logging on to the network from Windows all that you
    need to do is set up your web application for "Integrated Windows Authentication" using the Internet
    Services Control Panel applet.

    Paul ~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

    Paul Clement, Nov 4, 2004