Getting user name from win2k from asp ?

Guest

HI

I donot ahve any idea how to proceed. but my requirement issomehting like if the user click to the logon button on awebpage automatically he gets logged on with his name. how canthis be achieved? i donot want to authenticate him thru useridand password. I just want to take his name automatically fromthe machine and let him log in?

what is the process to do so ? or any lead as to how to proceed.if i know what to look for to achieve this i can search on thenet.

thanks a lot

User submitted from AEWNET (http://www.aewnet.com/)

Paul Clement

¤ HI
¤
¤ I donot ahve any idea how to proceed. but my requirement is somehting like if the user click to the logon button on a webpage automatically he gets logged on with his name. how can this be achieved? i donot want to authenticate him thru userid and password. I just want to take his name automatically from the machine and let him log in?
¤
¤ what is the process to do so ? or any lead as to how to proceed. if i know what to look for to achieve this i can search on the net.
¤

Assuming the user has been authenticated when logging on to the network from Windows all that you
need to do is set up your web application for "Integrated Windows Authentication" using the Internet
Services Control Panel applet.

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)